All of these wonderful people have been through the Mama Serene Independent Practitioner training programme. They have completed the post-course modules, including assessed teaching and I am excited to have them out there reaching as many pregnant families as possible. You can find out how to contact them by clicking on the link in their profiles
- Sallyann BeresfordQualified Independent Practitioner - BirminghamSallyann BeresfordQualified Independent Practitioner - Birmingham
Sallyann Beresford has been supporting families during the antenatal and postnatal period for over 20 years. Her extensive training has taken her across the world and she has now supported over 500 women and their families in the birth room. Her vast knowledge and experience has enabled her to be invited to speak at conferences, to lecture student midwives, to mentor new trainee doulas, and she has also written a book on the importance of the role of the birth partner for anyone who is supporting a woman giving birth - Labour of Love - The Ultimate Guide to Being a Birth Partner - available on Amazon.
Birthability is a full-service company, offering a wide range of services and personalised care. As well as Hypnobirthing classes, Sallyann offers doula support, antenatal and postnatal courses and pregnancy yoga.
Alongside running Birthability, Sallyann lives with her husband, their 4 children and Cavapoochon dog Paisley.
- Sarah BickleyQualified Independent Practitioner - Bracknell, LondonSarah BickleyQualified Independent Practitioner - Bracknell, London
I have been teaching pregnant women and their partners for over 10 years now and really enjoy meeting people and helping on them on this amazing journey. I started as an NCT teaching, after having my own two children and realising the importance of approaching birth with informed confidence.
I went on to focus on Pregnancy Yoga and the use of Yoga based practices during labour and birth. After training with Dani Diosi and qualifying as an Independent Hypnobirthing Practitioner, I now combine the Yoga birth preparation with hypnobirthing. I am passionate about the impact this preparation can help in helping couples go into labour with a positive mindset and confidence that they have a robust tool kit in place that will see them through their individual birth journey.
- Emily BrayEmily Bray
- Louise BrennanQualified Independent Practitioner - St AlbansLouise BrennanQualified Independent Practitioner - St Albans
- Daniella DeanQualified Independent Practitioner - BristolDaniella DeanQualified Independent Practitioner - BristolI am a hypnobirthing teacher and doula based in Bristol.I feel very passionate to support women, their partners and families during pregnancy, birth and life as parents. From my perspective having a family is the biggest adventure anyone could sign up for and it sure does help to have all the support one can get along the way!In terms of taking part in birth preparation or hypnobirthing courses, I have seen first hand how much it can make a difference and contribute to positive experiences for mums, dads and babies too. Thus setting the tone for a smooth transition into life as new parents or life with a new addition to the family. It is through this real belief in the power of preparation and hypnobirthing that I am delighted to offer various support packages and courses.My approach is evidenced based, personal and tailor made to each individual.For more information see my website and do get in touch with any questions.
- Mal DowningQualified Independent Practitioner - CornwallMal DowningQualified Independent Practitioner - Cornwall
- Emily EllisQualified Independent Practitioner - LeicesterEmily EllisQualified Independent Practitioner - Leicester
- Natalie HelmanQualified Independent Practitioner - EnfieldNatalie HelmanQualified Independent Practitioner - Enfield
- Nicola FlanaganQualified Independent Practitioner - Brecon, WalesNicola FlanaganQualified Independent Practitioner - Brecon, Wales
MAMBA is an evidence-based antenatal, postnatal and baby care consultancy delivering private antenatal courses along side wellness therapy and coaching for women.
Director Nicola Flanagan is a FEDANT registered antenatal teacher, hypnotherapist and specialist in the perinatal field for women and infants up to twelve months old.
You can reach Nicola by visiting her website: www.mambauk.com
- Fiona GordonQualified Independent Practitioner - Northamptonshire, Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, WarwickshireFiona GordonQualified Independent Practitioner - Northamptonshire, Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Warwickshire
About Fiona – The Whole Birth Company
I am married to Jamie and have three boys, Hamish (1999), Torquil (2001) and Lachlann (2005) and a Whippet and live in the small village near Towcester in Northamptonshire.
Originally, I trained as a Norland Nursery nurse in 1985 and particularly worked with mothers and newborn babies at home and at Queen Charlottes Hospital in London.
A few years later I had a change in career and trained in fashion design. Something I have always loved. I then worked in the fashion industry for Amanda Wakeley for seven years and then went on to have my own design business working with private clients. I loved the creative side of working. In addition to my own business, in 1997 I joined with The Baby List Company to set up Babylist Maternity Wear with them, designing and producing a maternity wear collection which we sold from their showroom in London.
I married in 1996 and as my husband, Jamie was in the British Army it meant a lot of moving and also living abroad including The Falkland Islands, Cyprus and Oman. I had my three boys and loved and still love the experience of being a Mother.
I didn’t know about Doula’s when we had the boys. It would have meant so much to me to have had the consistent support of the same person to guide me and be there for us. Later when a friend mentioned the role of the doula to me I knew this was something I would love to do.
When my husband left the army and at last, we were in one place, I decided that I could begin my doula journey
I have been a doula for 4 years and trained with Kicki Hansard from The Birth Bliss Academy.
I decided to train to be a Hypnobirthing practitioner after supporting clients as a birth doula who were using Hypnobirthing techniques and experienced first-hand the amazing tools it provides both to the woman in managing their labour and birth but also for the partner who is able to understand fully their role and how best to support the woman as their birth partner.
I chose to do The Mama Serene course as I love the idea of being able to provide a truly bespoke course for each client working closely with them and focusing on any issues or anxieties that are particularly important for them in addition to what I would always cover. My aim is that women or couples have a positive birth experience and feel truly supported during their pregnancy and birth and have all the tools and knowledge they need to support themselves, and their birth partner feels confident in supporting and making them a very close ‘team’.
In 2019 I decided to bring all my skills together and set up The Whole Birth Company. I aim to support you in the best way I can whether this is just through one of my services or the complete package.
I recognise that everyone has different and individual needs when it comes to support during pregnancy, childbirth and those early weeks after birth. The Whole Birth company offers Birth Preparation and Hypnobirthing workshops to prepare you for your birth. Doula support to guide you and be there for you and your partner, both emotionally and physically, during your pregnancy and birth or as a Postnatal Doula to support you in the first few weeks after the birth of your baby. I also offer a Freezer Filling service for after you have had your baby, Nursery Set up, Maternity Wardrobe Styling and Event Doula Support.
I cover the areas of Northamptonshire, Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Warwickshire, and other areas of East Midlands for face to face support and classes. Virtual support and virtual Hypnobirthing and Birth preparation classes are available Country and Worldwide.
I am registered with The Doula Directory and Doula UK.
- Stella GrundyQualified Independent Practitioner - ManchesterStella GrundyQualified Independent Practitioner - Manchester
I'm a qualified Hypnobirthing Practitioner, Fitness Instructor specialising in Pre and Post Natal and a Qualified Breastfeeding Supporter. My aim is to provide a helpful and informative support package to mothers and their partners on their birth and beyond journey's. I live in Manchester and provide local services here however i do also provide thorough online courses for all the above.
- Lucy KayeQualified Independent Practitioner - Derby
- Chloe LewisQualified Independent Practitioner - BusheyChloe LewisQualified Independent Practitioner - Bushey
- Grace LillywhiteQualified Independent Practitioner - St AlbansGrace LillywhiteQualified Independent Practitioner - St Albans
- Sally MistryQualified Independent Practitioner - MiddlesexSally MistryQualified Independent Practitioner - Middlesex
- Jools MontagueQualified Independent Practitioner - CheshamJools MontagueQualified Independent Practitioner - Chesham
Hi, I’m Jools Montague, founder of Wholeness Birthing and I am passionate about the power of Hypnobirthing. As well as being an independent Hypnobirthing practitioner, I am also qualified in hypnosis so I understand the importance of a relaxed state and the power and effectiveness of language. I also work as a coach, facilitator, and trainer in the world of NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) I am also professional voice coach so I understand the fundamental power and importance of the breath. All of my experience and knowledge sits brilliantly with hypnobirthing.
- Justina PerryQualified Independent Practitioner - HitchinJustina PerryQualified Independent Practitioner - Hitchin
- Claire MorrisQualified Independent Practitioner - CheshireClaire MorrisQualified Independent Practitioner - Cheshire
- Angela RakeQualified Independent Practitioner - HarpendenAngela RakeQualified Independent Practitioner - HarpendenAngela is a Harpenden based Independent Hypnobirthing Practitioner, trained by the wonderful Dani in 2018 on her very first practitioner training course after she experienced firsthand the benefits of hypnobirthing during the births of her three children. It was actually Dani's voice and hypnobirthing tracks she listened to during her third pregnancy and birth.Together with my husband James we run Zing Wellness. We are a nurturing and holistic wellness team: a Pilates & Hypnobirthing Teacher (Angela) and a Massage Therapist (James).I trained with Dani as I was observing that my Move & Bloom pregnancy Pilates classes were becoming about so much more than just Pilates and restorative movement. Birth preparation, motherhood preparation and general pregnancy & postnatal wellbeing were a big part of the class. I now combine my hypnobirthing knowledge in my pregnancy classes and we end each class with a half hour hypnosis for birth. It is such a perfect time to do this as the body and mind are relaxed and receptive to the hypnosis. Having formed a relationship and trust with me in my Pilates classes my clients also often choose to do my hypnobirthing course too. I love being able to support women with their preparation for childbirth and motherhood and then also be able to support them with their recovery with my postnatal Pilates courses.Contact:Tel: 07747 778575
- Bryony VickersQualified Independent Practitioner - CambridgeBryony VickersQualified Independent Practitioner - Cambridge